Stakeholders - get started here

1jsealy2
Full Name: Jason Asher Sealy
Organization: ACRES, LLC
Permissions: Yes

Re: Stakeholders - get started here

Postby 1jsealy2 » May 17th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Greetings,

My name is Jason Asher Sealy. I am a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Architecture, Associate Member of the American Institute of Architects, and managing member of Asher Construction and Real Estate Services, LLC (ACRES, LLC). I have been working in the historic Guilford neighborhood in Baltimore City for the past five years developing an understanding and appreciation for early 20th century building practices and materials, windows included. Oddly enough, I just met Duffy Hoffman at a property in Baltimore City. I would like to participate in the documentation and implementation of window restoration standards. Standardization of process, material, and weatherization can greatly accelerate the marketability of restoration as a viable solution.

This is an exciting opportunity and I wish to participate in any way, form, or fashion. Thank you for the consideration.

Best,

Jason A. Sealy
ACRES, LLC
Joppa, MD
www.theashernetwork.com
jas@theashernetwork.com

Matthew_Kendall
Full Name: Matthew Kendall
Organization: Old House Works

Postby Matthew_Kendall » May 29th, 2012, 6:59 am

My name is Matthew Kendall and I own a small preservation/restoration construction company based out of Worcester, Massachusetts. I have been in the field for more than 20 years and have developed a passion for the restoration of both old cast and wood windows. New England has an endless supply of old homes that are in dire need of attention. The local preservation societies couldn't be more supportive in the area of window restoration, so much so that it accounts for about 65 percent of my overall business. I'm here eager to contribute and learn at the same time.

Richard
Full Name: Richard De Wolf
Organization: Versatile Wood Produ

Postby Richard » June 8th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Hello, It was great to read about this group in the Portland, Oregon DJC. Great Article Amy! I look forward to being able to contribute what we can. I own Versatile Wood Products, a manufacturer of period correct sash, doors, cabinetry and millwork. We also restore many original windows either in the shop or in the field through our construction company, Arciform LLC. Both have websites if anyone wants to check them out. http://www.versatilewp.com and http://www.arciform.com

Thank you,
Richard De Wolf
Arciform LLC
Versatile Wood Products

johnleeke
Full Name: John Leeke
Organization: Historic HomeWorks

Postby johnleeke » June 10th, 2012, 10:32 am

Richard,

Welcome to the Window Standards project.

If you would like to help you can go here:

viewforum.php?f=21

and click on "review and comment".
John
Standards Co-Founder
Standards Editor

http://www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

historicdc
Full Name: Stephen Ortado

Postby historicdc » July 5th, 2012, 10:18 pm

My name is Stephen Ortado and I am an active preservationist in Washington DC. My company, Historic Structures, has been restoring old sash since 1987. I would like to help in any way that I can to further promote the preservation of historic fabric.

Thank you for starting up this very worthy project.

johnleeke

Postby johnleeke » July 6th, 2012, 9:37 am

Stephen, welcome to the Standards project. It's good to be back in touch with you. In the past we've talked about your doing some steam deglazing, so you might want to comment on the steam deglazing standard:

viewtopic.php?p=519#p519

also, I recall that you work on some of the federal government buildings, so your insight on how that goes would be very useful in this discussion on Window Project Organization:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163

in particular, what it is like working with the "extra layers" of big government bureaucracy. We want to be sure these Standards are useful in those situations.
John
Standards Co-Founder
Standards Editor

johnleeke

Postby johnleeke » August 1st, 2013, 6:33 pm

Stakeholders and Donors Listed in the Standards Book

Jerry Berggren, Joe Bodkin, Steven Burr, Thomas Clark, Eli Cohn, Jim Derby, Richard DeWolf, David Dick, Tom Francis, Matt Hankins, Larry Johnson, Bill Hepburn, David Garner, Michael George, Matthew Kendall, Marsha Lance, James Maddigan, Martin Muller, Stephen Ortado, David Ottinger, John Poole, David Reusch, Wayne Robinson, Amy S. Rybacki, Jason Asher Sealy, Corey Thomas, Jay Treiger, David Wadsworth, Jason Whipple, Jen Spangler Williamson

Stakeholders have been helping the Founders and Advisers by providing their unique regional and local insights about window work. Stakeholders have reviewed and commented on the drafts of the standards at the website.
Stakeholders include:
• Independent Tradespeople, who have detailed hands-on knowledge about window work
• Contractors who will be working to meet these standards
• Educators and trainers
• Specifiers
• Architects
• Facilities managers
• Homeowners and building owners, who hire contractors and trades people
• Staff and officials from government agencies non-profit organizations

Donors

$20 to $99 – A written mention on the WPSC project website and in all written materials including the Window Preservation Standards book.
McGrath, Richard T.
Mohr, Paula
Leeke, John
Sasser, Lisa
Ratliff, Melanie
John
Standards Co-Founder
Standards Editor

Return to “People in the Collaborative”