Marketing Strategies

johnleeke
Full Name: John Leeke
Organization: Historic HomeWorks
Permissions: Yes

Marketing Strategies

Postby johnleeke » December 2nd, 2012, 4:01 pm

At the Summit Amy McAuley suggested:

--Teaching the Standards and methods regionally.

--Organizations formally adopting the Standards. "some of my acquaintances in the NW would be more likely to use these Standard in tier specs if they are accepted by an agency or organization, like AIA or governmental agency."
John
Standards Co-Founder
Standards Editor

http://www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

tfrancis
Full Name: Tom Francis
Organization: Cutting Edge Const.

Re: Marketing Strategies

Postby tfrancis » December 14th, 2012, 10:07 pm

I for one would like to see the Standards codified. One of my toughest battles is meeting with a homeowner who has spent a lot of money employing some well meaning, but woefully deficient, individual to repair or restore their windows. A mechanism to qualify restorers as "skilled in the trade" could save a bunch of commentary. It would also add a strong measure of legitimacy to artisans advertising themselves as historic window renovators. However, I emphatically believe this should be done within the "Collaborative". The government has no business interceding here. The professionals within the Collaborative should set the Standards, they know best the scope of the work.

johnleeke
Full Name: John Leeke
Organization: Historic HomeWorks

Re: Marketing Strategies

Postby johnleeke » December 15th, 2012, 9:52 am

It would also add a strong measure of legitimacy to artisans advertising themselves as historic window renovators.

The Standards can be used in marketing to make it clear to potential customers that you are different from others who do not work according to the Standards. This is mentioned in the "how to use the Standards" topic:
http://ptnresource.org/WPSC_forum/viewt ... f=10&t=160

A mechanism to qualify restorers as "skilled in the trade" could save a bunch of commentary. However, I emphatically believe this should be done within the "Collaborative".

Currently, the Collaborative is focused on single purpose of developing and publishing the Standards. Qualifying or certifying workers is not a part of our current mission, although using the Standards as part of certifying program is certainly a future possibility.

The professionals within the Collaborative should set the Standards, they know best the scope of the work.

Of course, that is exactly what we are doing here, and thanks for your help.
John
Standards Co-Founder
Standards Editor

http://www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

Return to “Marketing”